*This is the CU Title under WSQ Framework and will be the title reflected in the WSQ Certificate
Teacher-child interaction and classroom management are essential aspects of teaching in preschool setting. This course will enable the individual to acquire skills and knowledge to support and interact with children effectively as well as to keep children constructively engaged in developmentally appropriate activities.
1. Foundation of a positive teacher-child interaction
2. Establish frequent, caring and respectful interactions with children
3. Encourage and promote positive behaviours
4. Support children’s interest and development
5. Maintain a well-managed class
Applicants are recommended to possess at least one of the following:
Untrained in Early Childhood Education (ECE) :
Minimum Sec 2 qualifications OR
Minimum SOA Level 4 for English Employability Skills WSQ (ES WSQ) - Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening Modules OR
Completed accredited courses (DECCE-T, CECCE, CIT):
21 hours + 1 hour of assessment
(Video-recording is required as part of the assessment)
9 Mar 2013
16 Mar 2013
23 Mar 2013
30 Mar 2013
6 Apr 2013
Saturdays: 1pm / 2pm to 6pm
Course Fees payable (after 90% WDA funding for in-service teachers)
$44.94 (include 7% GST)
With effect from 1 Feb 2013, NTUC members enjoys instant UTAP of 50% claim on unfunded course capped at $250 per year when they sign up for WSQ, Non-WSQ Continuning Professional Development (CPD).
Please call to enquire vacancies
Points to Note:
1. Schedule is subjected to changes (During public holidays period, classes may be held earlier or later).
2. Assessment will be conducted 1 month after completion of module.
3. Minimum 75% attendance is required per module.
4. Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be issued after successful completion. Certificate is awarded by WDA.
5. 90% funding is applicable to in-service teachers (Singaporeans & Singapore PRs) only.
6. Students will have to satisfy a Minimum Service Period of 3 months by working in the Early Childhood Sector, upon completion.
7. For Company-Sponsored applicants, the sponsoring company can also claim for SRP (Absentee Payroll) funding, at the prevailing absentee payroll funding rates. Please apply online at www.skillsconnect.gov.sg. The approved absentee payroll funding amount will be directly disbursed to the sponsoring company after successful completion of the module.
Click HERE to download the course brochure
Click HERE to download the application form