*This is the CU Title under WSQ Framework and will be the title reflected in the WSQ Certificate
This module advocates the need for information technology in the childcare and preschool services. You will be equipped with knowledge and application skills to incorporate information technology in your class and design resources to support children’s reading and writing. You will plan strategies to secure parental and staff support and discuss different avenues to enthuse stake holders in the introduction of new technology. You will identify how to integrate technology seamlessly, address ergonomics and safe guards and look at criteria to select and evaluate appropriate software. At the end of this module you would have collated a portfolio of resources and considered how to incorporate various forms of technology into your service.
· Address current issues for professionals, families and children in accessing a variety of information technology
· Identify approaches to including information technology in children’s curriculum
· Utilise information technology to support reading, viewing and writing
· In-class Quiz
· Written assignment
Applicants are recommended to possess at least one of the following:
Basic Computer Literacy Skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, Internet surfing) AND
Completed accredited courses (DECCE-T, CECCE, CIT):
20 hours + 1 hour of assessment
(Tentatively in August)
Saturday: 2pm - 6pm
Course Fees payable (after 70% WDA funding for in-service teachers)
$128.40 (include 7% GST)
With effect from 1 Feb 2013, NTUC members enjoys instant UTAP of 50% claim on unfunded course capped at $250 per year when they sign up for WSQ, Non-WSQ Continuning Professional Development (CPD).
31 May 2013
Points to Note:
1. Schedule is subjected to changes (During public holidays period, classes may be held earlier or later).
2. Assessment will be conducted 3 weeks after completion of module.
3. Minimum 75% attendance is required per module.
4. Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be issued after successful completion. Certificate is awarded by WDA.
5. 70% funding is applicable to in-service teachers (Singaporeans & Singapore PRs) only.
6. Students will have to satisfy a Minimum Service Period of 3 months by working in the Early Childhood Sector, upon completion.
7. For Company-Sponsored applicants, the sponsoring company can also claim for SRP (Absentee Payroll) funding, at the prevailing absentee payroll funding rates. Please apply online at www.skillsconnect.gov.sg. The approved absentee payroll funding amount will be directly disbursed to the sponsoring company after successful completion of the module.
Click HEREto download the application form