*This is the CU Title under WSQ Framework and will be the title reflected in the WSQ Certificate
Research on brain development has been going on for many years. This module, tailored for infant/toddler care teachers, attempts to give an overview of the most current key findings in brain research and looks at ways in which the infant and toddler teachers can intervene to optimize brain development in the young child. Participants will have opportunities to search, share and build a resource of research findings. It concludes with a section on communicating with parents, assisting them to design positive experiences for home use and influencing them to build positive relations with their child. At the end of this course participants will be empowered with knowledge from evidence-based brain research as they continue to engage in best practices daily with infants and toddlers.
- Identify research that supports the brain development of infants and toddlers
- Implement a learning environment to promote brain growth
Involve family members in implementing early experiences designed to contribute significantly to the structure of the brain
In class assessment : 30 min written assignment + 30 min role play
Applicants are recommended to possess at least one of the following:
Teachers who work with infants and toddlers. Untrained in Early Childhood Education (ECE) :
Minimum Sec 2 qualifications
Minimum SOA Level 4 for English Employability Skills WSQ (ES WSQ) - Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening Modules
Completed accredited courses (DECCE-T, CECCE, CIT):
More than 2 years ago OR
With less than 2 years of teaching experience
10 hour ( include 1 hour of assessment)
13 Apr 2013
20 Apr 2013
27 Apr 2013
Saturday : 2pm - 5pm / 6pm
Course Fees payable (90% WDA funding for in-service teachers)
$32.10 (include 7% GST)
With effect from 1 Feb 2013, NTUC members enjoys instant UTAP of up to 50% claim on unfunded course capped at $250 per year when they sign up for WSQ, Non-WSQ Continuning Professional Development (CPD).
Please call to enquire vacancies
Points to Note:
1. Schedule is subjected to changes (During public holidays period, classes may be held earlier or later).
2. Assessment will be conducted 3 weeks after completion of module.
3. Minimum 75% attendance is required per module.
4. Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be issued after successful completion. Certificate is awarded by WDA.
5. 70% funding is applicable to in-service teachers (Singaporeans & Singapore PRs) only.
6. Students will have to satisfy a Minimum Service Period of 3 months by working in the Early Childhood Sector, upon completion.
7. For Company-Sponsored applicants, the sponsoring company can also claim for SRP (Absentee Payroll) funding, at the prevailing absentee payroll funding rates. Please apply online at www.skillsconnect.gov.sg. The approved absentee payroll funding amount will be directly disbursed to the sponsoring company after successful completion of the module.
Click HERE to download the course brochure
Click HERE to download the application form