Note: This is a refresher course suitable for teachers who have completed their CPT and/or DECCE- T more than 2 years ago.
This course aims to explore and equip teachers with the understanding of number development in young children and to identify general pathways for number and its operations through effective math practices.
What participants will learn in this 8-hour workshop:
A) The students will be able to have an in-depth understanding of number and its operations in 5 specific areas such as:
- Counting (verbal and object)
- Comparing and ordering
- Early addition and subtraction
- Composing number and place value
B) Create math materials to support and reinforce the learning of number and its operations
Mona TAN has over 15 years of experience working in the early childhood education field. She began her career teaching preschoolers in a voluntary welfare organization. There, she upgraded herself and pursued a Certificate in Integrated Childcare specializing in Autism, working on a pilot project called Integrated Childcare Programme (ICCP) where children with mild learning disabilities were integrated into the mainstream preschool.
Mona holds a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care – Teaching and Leadership. She was awarded the Best in Academic and Leadership Book Prize as well as the Gold Award respectively for being the top student in her cohort. She also graduated with a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education from the University of South Australia with a first class honours and was also conferred the Dean’s List for academic excellence. In 2009, Mona graduated with a Master in Education from the University of South Australia adding a milestone in her professional development in the early childhood industry.
In her last appointment in a preschool organisation, Mona has had the opportunity to setup preschool centres from conception to completion, plan and train staff locally and overseas, both in environment layout and curriculum planning and implementation in countries like Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, South Korea, India and China.
29 Mar 2014
9am - 6 pm (1 hour meal break)
Devan Nair Institute (80 Jurong East Street 21)
Workshop Fees (incl. 7% GST)
$154.08 (after 10% Alumni Discount)
NTUC members enjoys UTAP of 50% claim on unfunded course capped at $250 per year.
Applicable to self-sponsored applicants only. Conditions apply.
14 Mar 2014
Click to download application form (for Individual-sponsored)
Click to download application form (for Company-sponsored)
REFUND POLICY % of the aggregate amount of the
Course Fees and Additional Fees paid
|If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received
||30 days or more before the Commencement Date
||14 days to 29 days before the Commencement Date
||Less than 14 days before the Commencement Date
Points to Note:
- All workshops are mapped to the ECDA CPD Framework.
- Schedule and venue are subjected to confirmation. SEED Institute reserves the rights to cancel or re-schedule the class and venue without prior notice.
- Workshop fee paid will be fully refunded in the event of workshop cancellation by SEED Institute.
- Alumni discount of 10% off the full workshop fee is available for self-sponsored applicant only.
- UTAP funding of up to 50% off the unfunded workshop fee, capped at $250 per year is available for NTUC members (self-sponsored applicant only).
- Certificate of Attendance will be issued by SEED Institute upon complete (100%) attendance of workshop.
- For request of withdrawal, a written notice must be submitted and received by SEED Institute before workshop commencement. Refund policy applies.
- Applications received are subjected to further approval and SEED Institute reserves the right to reject any applications.